Currently, these are the vacancies available:
Sector manager (ICT/Digitalization component)
The project of Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation Optim–Opportunities through Technologies and Innovation – is pleased to announce an opening for the position of ICT/Digitalization Sector Manager in the frame of the economic development project.
The Optim project is implemented by Helvetas Swiss Intercooperation. The employee will be contracted by Helvetas Moldova, the representation of Helvetas Swiss Intercooperation based in Chisinau.
The project starts the 2nd 4-year phase until the end of 2026.
Short information about the project
Supporting the creation of employment opportunities and private sector growth through the ICT sector and Digitalization
The ICT/Digitalization sector manager is expected to lead the activities within the component of the project compliant with the project goal and methodology, providing strategic steering and supporting the implementation of the activities within the main areas of intervention: access to markets/ technologies/ finance/ skills development and Business Enabling Environment by cooperating with various stakeholders in the sector and ensuring cross-sectorial cooperation through the lens of ICT and Digitalization.
- Lead and advise Intervention coordinators on the design and implementation of interventions;
- Lead and support the identification and selection process for project partners as well as external service providers for implementation of project interventions;
- Initiate and lead or conduct relevant sector analysis and stakeholder assessment;
- Ensure synergies among project components;
- Ensure clear and transparent planning of monitoring and results measurement activities necessary to measure and understand the impact and learn from the interventions;
- Support the project management team in ensuring standards of program delivery and quality assurance;
- Contribute to all internal/external reporting related to project activities;
- Contribute to preparation and provision of communication material short case studies, short project/activity description, success stories, etc.
- Highly motivated and results-driven person with the ability to work effectively independently and in the team and take initiatives;
- Ability to manage and coordinate and monitor simultaneous interventions;
- Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills. Able to communicate information clearly and concisely both internally and externally;
- Creativity, strategic and innovative thinking skills
- Fluent in Romanian, English, and Russian;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Ability to conduct qualitative research and process and synthesize findings in a clear and concise manner;
- Experience with areas like ICT/ digitalization, innovation is an advantage;
- Prior experience in a similar position is desired.
Education and experience
- University degree in relevant field (economics, business administration or close);
- Minimum 5 years professional experience in similar positions/fields of work or experiences in a leading position in the private sector.
Please indicate at least two references in your CV or application.
The willing candidates must submit their CV and motivation letter to the following email: email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be interviewed. References will be checked.
This is a local position, therefore only citizens of the Republic of Moldova or others legally authorized to work in the country are eligible to apply. We reserve the right to choose the most suitable candidate.
Helvetas Swiss Intercooperation is committed to achieving workforce diversity with regard to gender, ethnolinguistic background, age, etc. Individuals from different minority groups and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.